internet sharing between host OS and guest OS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet sharing between host OS and guest OS

my host OS is win-xp, and my guest OS are winxp and rhel5 Linux. i want to create a test lab for proxy server. i m using vmware workstation ace edition 6.0.0 .
    my internet connection is 'pppoe' i.e dial-up adsl.
    i want to share my internet connection from host on to guest linux os, and then to guest win-xp via proxy server on linux..

please suggest..

Re: internet sharing between host OS and guest OS

You'll need to bridge VMNET0 on the win-xp host to the pppoe dial-up adsl adapter.

You'll need to connect the rhel5 Linux VM to VMNET0

You'll need to add a 2nd NIC to the rhel5 Linux VM. Maybe make it VMNET2. It wont' have any outbound networking or uplink. Configure rhel5 Linux VM to be a proxy using the 2 NICs.

Then finally on your iwnxp guest OS, configure it to use VMNET2 so that it can be networked with the rhel5 Linux proxy VM.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Re: internet sharing between host OS and guest OS

for first forming a LAN between these OSs,u need to either create a team out of them or add a SERIAL PORT to each and every guest and configure the PIPE name and then bridge/NAT the second NIC of the guest xp to connect to physical device
      The law of 7 P's

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Comment

Working...
      X