Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VDR Error: Configure Destination Error Data Recovery could not add the specified Netw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDR Error: Configure Destination Error Data Recovery could not add the specified Netw

Hi All,

I'm having problem in adding the Shared network drive location for VDR version: 1.0.2.562 backup destination, it said:

Configure Destination Error
    Data Recovery could not add the specified Network Share. Please ensure that your network credentials are valid.

that was just the error when i tried to point into Windows Server 2003 shared directory free for everyone to write.

I've got no problem in any other Windows in accessing that location using Servername or even IP Address without typing the credentials ? but how come VDR could not get access into it ?

any idea of how to add the backup destination of VDR ? as I've got nothing to select at my screen at the moment ?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: VDR Error: Configure Destination Error Data Recovery could not add the specified

Hi

Try using the ip adderss of the remote host you are backing the images up to.

I believe there is a bug where you cannot use a DNS name currently when backing up to a CIFS share.

Cheers
    David

Comment

Re: VDR Error: Configure Destination Error Data Recovery could not add the specified

Ah yes, that should do the trick for now

thanks for the reply.

Comment

This is documented - http://communities.vmware.com/message/1287571

3 ) We document the requirement to use IP address for CIFS shares

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vdr_10_admin.pdf

Page 18: URL - The location of the network share. This must be specified with the IP address. Server names are not supported.
        Maish
        ----------------------------------------------------------
        Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
        VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
        MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
        A proud husband and father of 3 girls
        ----------------------------------------------------------
        If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Working...
        X