Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in running Windows Server 2008 R2 on ESXi 4

Hi All,

So far I'm having problem in Virtualizing Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 with SQL Server 2008 Std. SP1 installed on Paravirtualized VMDK for performance benefits but not with the normal Windows Server 2008.

when i execute the SQL Server Mgmt. Studio to browse the database inside the paravirtualized disk it hangs always 100% ?

i also unable to perform a backup of this VM using VCB due to the following error:

Creating snapshot of Virtual Machine
    *Cannot create a quiesced snapshot because the create snapshot operation exceeded the time limit for holding off I/O in the frozen virtual machine*.

I'm wondering how's everyone going in Virtualizing this new Microsoft Server OS ?

Any thoughts and comments please ?

Re: Problem in running Windows Server 2008 R2 on ESXi 4

The only thing that comes to mind in the about configuration is the paravirtualized VMDK. I have installed a Windows 2008 R2 as a VM on ESXi without any issues.

What kind of resources have you allocated to the VM?
    Maish
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
    VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
    MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
    A proud husband and father of 3 girls
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Re: Problem in running Windows Server 2008 R2 on ESXi 4

Hi Maish,

Thanks for replying, I've installed SQL Server 2008 Std x64 SP1, the resources is the same standard as per the wizard recommendation.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X