Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with networking on VISTA

Hello,
    i have been battling with this for i week now. I installed VMware workstation 6.5.3 on my windows VISTA and Windows 2003 server as Guest on my HP laptop. But on my host i cannot see the VMnet0, VMnet1 and VMnet8. Please how do i activate this. I checked everywhere on my HP laptop, i couldn't find them, can someone help me out with this.

Regards
    Gabriel

Re: Issue with networking on VISTA

Reinstall workstation and see if that helps. If UAC is enabled (and I advise against disabling it), ensure that you allow the installer to run fully.

What edition and architecture of Vista are you running?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      Reinstall workstation and see if that helps. If UAC is enabled (and I advise against disabling it), ensure that you allow the installer to run fully.

What edition and architecture of Vista are you running?
      Thanks i have done that, it now shows but only VMnet8 and VMnet1 that shows. VMnet0 did not show and i will need it to do my Bridge connection, how do i make it show.
      Thanks
      Gabriel

Comment

We still don't know what edition and architecture of Vista you're running...
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
          We still don't know what edition and architecture of Vista you're running...
          I am Using Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack1 on HP laptop

Comment

Working...
          X