Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enabling Microsoft iSCSI for a guest VM inside VMWare

Hi All,

How to enable Microsoft iSCSI Initiator insidethe WIndows 2003 x64 guest OS / Virtual Machine ?
    I've created the LUN inside my SAN but suddenly i realized that by using the current network configuration i couldn't locate the iSCSI SAN IP.

what i'd like to achieve here is the better performance of using iSCSI storage through Enhanced VMXNet to the iSCSI LUN that I've just created.

Thanks.

Re: Enabling Microsoft iSCSI for a guest VM inside VMWare

Albertwt,

Have you downloaded and installed the MS iSCSI Software Initiator? If not you can download it here. Be sure to grab the x64 version. Once you have installed the software insure that you have a network interface installed in the VM that has access to your iSCSI storage network. From there open the "Microsoft iSCSI Initiator" software and select the "Discovery" tab. In the "Target Portals" section click add and enter the IP address of your iSCSI SAN target. Next click on the "Targets" tab and you should see the IQN (iSCSI qualified name). Select the target and click "Log On". From there you should be able to launch disk manager and do a rescan and see the LUN targets presented to the server.

-Jason

MCSA/MCSE 2K3,MCITP:ESA,MCTS x 4,VCP x 2

Comment

Working...
    X