Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View Only Rights

Group,
    Do anyone know the settings to use if they want a person to have only "View" right to the ESX Virtual Center. What permissions do I have to specifically assign? I want them to be able to view the VMs, datastore, network, etc. but not have the ability to change any of the settings.

Thanks

Re: View Only Rights

Read -only rights (with propogate) from top down will allow them to see it all in the Hosts and Clusters view, and to see the VM folder structure the same in VM and Templates view.
    Maish
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
    VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
    MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
    A proud husband and father of 3 girls
    If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Thanks for the post.. But, maybe I am not being clear.

I have a group of developers that I manage their ESX Host. However, I have given them permissions to start/stop the guests, do snaps, etc. They have expressed interest in being able to view the datastore information, so they have some idea of how much space they are using with all of the snaps. So. what setting / settings do I have to check for them to get view rights.
      Thanks

Comment

Forgot to add. We are running ESX 3.5 with VC. Also, I dont want them to see the other clusters or datastores, just their own.

Comment

If you do not want them to see other clusters - You can apply deny right on the other cluster so they will not see it.

To give them rights to see the datastores you do that on the datastore level you can add the permissions there as well.
          Maish
          Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
          VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
          MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
          A proud husband and father of 3 girls
          If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Working...
          X