X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size and Unstallation of VM ware

Team,

Can any one please let me know that

1) What is the size of VM ware server will occupy on my system whwn we install

2) I am currently using OS vista and plannig to install XP pro on VM ware. When I tried installing XP pro by removing Vista I couldn't succeed as my hard drive were not showing up. So in such a cases can i Unistall VM ware Server

Thanks in anticipation

Santosh

Re: Size and Unstallation of VM ware

1) Depends which version and which options you install. Not more than a few hundred MB for the native VMware files, not including the VMs.

2) XP is not detecting (does not have a driver for) the virtualized SCSI controller you are using for that VM that used to be Vista. Either obtain the correct driver and use F6 during the initial installation to supply the driver, or blow away the VM and start over with the guest OS type of XP which will correctly set the SCSI controller that XP has a driver for. VMware supports two types of virtualized SCSI controllers: BusLogic and LSI Logic. LSI Logic drivers can be found here: http://www.boche.net/dropbox/LSI%20L...CSI%20drivers/ XP should already have a native driver for BusLogic SCSI controllers.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Re: Size and Unstallation of VM ware

Here's the step by step:
      http://www.dabcc.com/article.aspx?id=10289
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
      X