P2V for Exchange 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2V for Exchange 2003

Am I missing something here (perhaps I have a mental block on this) but we were planning on doing a P2V conversion on our Exchange 2003 server bascially to repurpose the box for an ESX HA setup when someone raised the question, "What about Drive D?".

What about Drive D? All our VM's on our current ESX server all have single drives.

What's the best plan of attack to do this conversion? Up until today, we never thought about this...how should we create drive D?

Re: P2V for Exchange 2003

Originally posted by jjarzabek View Post
    Am I missing something here (perhaps I have a mental block on this) but we were planning on doing a P2V conversion on our Exchange 2003 server bascially to repurpose the box for an ESX HA setup when someone raised the question, "What about Drive D?".

What about Drive D? All our VM's on our current ESX server all have single drives.

What's the best plan of attack to do this conversion? Up until today, we never thought about this...how should we create drive D?
    P2V will convert a physical disk with partitions in to a Virtual version with partitions. Is drive D a different physical disk?

Comment

Drive D (and Drive C) are part of a RAID 6e array.

Comment

Then that should no pose as a problem - When converting it will ask you whic drives you wish to convert
        Maish
        ----------------------------------------------------------
        Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
        VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
        MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
        A proud husband and father of 3 girls
        ----------------------------------------------------------
        If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Working...
        X