File Transfer from Host O/S to Guest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Transfer from Host O/S to Guest

I have Vista Home Basin in my Host Machine and installed Ubuntu on VMware as the guest OS.

I just want to copy some files in Host OS (Vista) to guest OS (Ubuntu) How this can be done. I couldn't find any option in VMware.

Thax

Shabar

Re: File Transfer from Host O/S to Guest

From a Windows host to a Windows guest you can drag and drop files. I'm not sure if it works the same way using Linux as I haven't tried it. Have you?
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by sudheerah View Post
      I just want to copy some files in Host OS (Vista) to guest OS (Ubuntu) How this can be done.
      There are many ways. If guest/host drag'n'drop won't work, let's try something else.

Way one. Create a share on host machine and put the files there. Install SMB client (Samba) into the guest and access the share.

Way two. Create an ISO image of the files you want to copy. ImgBurn is good a software, if you need one. Mount the ISO image as CD-drive within VMware and access the files from the guest OS.

-vP

Comment

Moved to VMWare forum... Has nothing to do with VirtualPC/Virtual Server.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Thax a lot guys

Have a Nice Day.....

Comment

Working...
          X