LSI Logic Disk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSI Logic Disk

So I was trying to build an XP Pro VM last night and I had great difficulty because kept getting the disk not found thing. I tried the BusLogic one and got the same.

So I went hunting and realised that you had to download a floppy image of the drivers, found loads of references to the issue (including to docs hosted here), worked out all the connect/disconnect at power on stuff but, no matter how many times I tried to install the LSI drivers (which apparently it did successfully) I was unable to find the drive ... eventually the only solution was to use the BusLogic ones which worked fine. The LSI drivers I was using are, as far as I can tell, the recommended ones i.e. P12 12605

So I have a solution which works but I can't understand why I couldn't get the LSI ones to work so has anyone got any idea? I'm mainly asking because I am told the LSI virtual adapter/disk is better than the BusLogic (no idea why) and because I would just like to know what I was doing wrong

Kyu
    Last edited by Kyuuketsuki; 28th January 2009, 10:14.
    J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
    The Abyssal Void War: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Re: LSI Logic Disk

You're using the wrong LSI Logic drivers. The correct model which VMware virtualizes is the LSI 20320-R
    See the following link to download the correct drivers:
    http://www.lsi.com/storage_home/prod...20r/index.html
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonboche View Post
      You're using the wrong LSI Logic drivers. The correct model which VMware virtualizes is the LSI 20320-R
      See the following link to download the correct drivers:
      http://www.lsi.com/storage_home/prod...20r/index.html
      Thank you ... do you know how I make those into an flp image (for ESX)?

Kyu
      J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
      The Abyssal Void War: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Comment

MagicISO or similar. http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=create+floppy+image
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I purchased/use WinImage for this. The tool is worth it's weight in gold although I don't use virtual floppies nearly as much as I used to. It's a pain when you need one and you can't have one.
          VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+

Comment

If you get stuck, let me know. I have all the LSI Logic drivers converted to virtual floppy format. I can borrow them to you and I've already done the conversion work.

Comment

Working...
            X