Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free VMware testing

Free VMware Testing Application!

I created two applications to help gaining knowledge about VMware 3.5. One application is a simple question and answer multiple choice testing application. the other is a flash card application that presents the question, and then the answer. It has an automatic mode as well.

I would be more than happy to send both applications to anyone willing to test them out and provide feedback with any issues.

Just send me an email with some information about yourself. Where you are in your quest to learn VMware, maybe some background information. And, of course, your email address. Your email server must accept executables!

Hopefully, I will find somewhere to put the applications so anyone can download the applications quickly.

I hope someone will find the programs very helpful. Please let me know how useful the applications are.

Thanks!
    Charles.Twin at GMail dot com
    Last edited by biggles77; 24th January 2009, 21:47. Reason: de-botted emails

Re: Free VMware testing

I would like to take a look at them. Where do the questions and answers come from?
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

All of the questions come straight out of the VMware documentation for ESX 3.5, Virtual Center 2.5, and all the associated documentation for storage, etc... It took quite a while to come up with all of the questions. It did help me get VCP certification.

Comment

I would be extremely interested as well. Not too sure if googlemail accepts executables. Maybe Jason might be able to host these for you on his site?

I need to get my exam book ASAP

Thanks

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Gmail does not support sending or receiving executables. So I will send out the files from Charles_Twin at Hotmail dot com.

For now, you can send any requests for these programs to either email account.

Send questions and requests to Charles.Twin at GMail dot com OR Charles_Twin at Hotmail dot com.

Make sure to allow these email addresses through your spam filters.

Thanks!
          Last edited by biggles77; 24th January 2009, 16:35. Reason: de-botted emails.

Comment

I would like to try your test app.

i have been to VMware training and would love a practice test before I took the the VCP test.

Charles.Clayton at synovate dot com
            Last edited by biggles77; 24th January 2009, 16:35. Reason: de-botted email address

Comment

So many exposed email addresses... spam spiders are rejoicing!
              Wesley David
              LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
              -------------------------------
              Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
              Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
              Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
              Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Good point. Feel free to send your email address to my account instead of posting your email address on this forum, if you like.

Comment

As soon as I get home from work, I will send out the first batch. Please post your opinions, suggestions and comments back to this forum.

Thanks!
                  Dane (aka CharlesTwin)

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                    So many exposed email addresses... spam spiders are rejoicing!
                    Oh to hell with spam spiders. My email address has been splashed around for years on the internet like a cheap whore and I suffer no problems with the right spam solution on my Exchange 2003 server.

UceArchive folder has 12,970 objects. About 10 spams per day it's catching.
                    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+

Comment

Charles,

Thanks very much. I've had a quick look and it looks very good. Will definately help people out with their training.

Well Done!!

Michael
                      Michael Armstrong
                      www.m80arm.co.uk
                      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by jasonboche View Post
                        Oh to hell with spam spiders. My email address has been splashed around for years on the internet like a cheap whore and I suffer no problems with the right spam solution on my Exchange 2003 server.

UceArchive folder has 12,970 objects. About 10 spams per day it's catching.
                        Veering a bit...

I once made the mistake of putting my email address in my signature on only a few posts on Google Groups and I'm now getting an avalanch of spam on that account. The spam filter is catching it nicely... but I'd rather it not be directed at my address in the first place. Oh well. It's wasting the spammer's resources, so if I look at it from that perspective I feel a little better.
                        Wesley David
                        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                        -------------------------------
                        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

The software looks good - great job! Although I would remove GSX from the questions. GSX has long since been retired.

Comment

Wow. I didn't think there were any GSX questions. Especially since I created all of these questions from current documentation. However, I will certainly remove any GGX questions I find. Thanks for the info!

Comment

I looked back over this and turns out GSX is mentioned in the ESX 3.5 server configuration, and upgrade guides. I knew there was some reason I included GSX in the application.

Of course, GSX is long gone in name at least. Maybe VMware will remove references to it entirely when 4.0 goes public.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X