Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMWare Server 2.0 power VM off

Hi

I have a problem with my VM. They are W2K3 enterprise x64 R2 and W2K3 Enterprise x32 R2, hosted by another W2K3 enterprise x64 R2.
    Well, the issue is, every morning I came to job they are powered off, and I leave it running.
    Do you have any idea? I have add this line [processors.NUMAnode = "1"] to try to fix it , but it doesn't work. My host it is a HP Proliant ML 380 G5.
    I haven't found any post talking about problems between Panda and VMWare Server 2.0

Thanks a lot for your help.

Re: VMWare Server 2.0 power VM off

What does tasks and events say for the VMs in the Server MUI?

How about the log files for the VMs themselves? They should provide verbose information as to the shutdown event, date/time, etc.

You're positive your host is not rebooting?
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Jason.
      Yesterday I try to move one of the VM from F:\ to C:\ as log says, just in case it colud be a problem of 'where' the machine was. But before I did it, the machine powered off itself every evening. An interesting thing for me is this. VM always go down a few seconds before the antivirus (Panda) starts doing something.
      The VM log it is attached.

Looking at the log, I have realize than do not show any entries after 13:38:10, and as MUI says, the machine powered off at 5:51:20 pm.

BTW: I am absolutely sure the host machine don't have any reboot. It is always powered on, without configuration to save energy or something like that

Please, change the file extension, it is *.log, not *.txt.

C U
      Attached Files

Comment

An interesting thing for me is this. VM always go down a few seconds before the antivirus (Panda) starts doing something.
        The VM log it is attached.
        It sounds to me that the problem it is connected to your AV.

Try to exclude the folder wher the VM resides and see if that changes anything?
        Maish
        ----------------------------------------------------------
        Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
        VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
        MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
        A proud husband and father of 3 girls
        ----------------------------------------------------------
        If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Yeah, the AV may be placing an exclusive lock on your .vmdk, thus crashing the .vmx process.
          VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
          boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
          My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Sorry about the delay. I got a few days off and I didn't read anything related with daily job.
            As soon I have news, I tell you.

TA

Comment

Hi
              I have excluded from antivirus test the files where VM are located, but it didn't work. VM were all powered off.
              I still reading about and checking the log files, just in case.

Comment

Working...
              X