Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMware Workstation internal monitor error

Hi there,

I am wondering if someone can help me in VMWARE Workstation. I have recently installed vmware workstation on win2008 with WIN2003 as the guest operating system. The moment I try to login, I get the below error and can't start the guest system.

I am using a DELL POWEREDGE T105 with AMB Dual Core processor. Please if any of you GURUS can help me out as I am stuck over here.

Thanks in advance

*** VMware Workstation internal monitor error ***
    vcpu-0:VMM fault: regs=0x5e2c, exc=13, eip=0x8d612
    Please report this problem by selecting menu item Help > VMware on the Web > Request Support, or by going to the Web page "http://www.vmware.com/info?id=8&logFile=C%3a%5cUsers%5cAdministrator%2eA MB%5cDocuments%5cvmware%2elog&coreLocation=C%3a%5c Users%5cAdministrator%2eAMB%5cDocuments%5cvmware%2 dcore%2egz". Please provide us with the log file (C:\Users\Administrator.AMB\Documents\vmware.log) and the core file (C:\Users\Administrator.AMB\Documents\vmware-core.gz).
    If the problem is repeatable, please select 'Run with debugging information' in the Options panel of Virtual Machine Settings. Then reproduce the incident and file it according to the instructions.
    To collect data to submit to VMware support, select Help > About and click "Collect Support Data". You can also run the "vm-support" script in the Workstation folder directly.
    We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement.
    We appreciate your feedback,
    -- the VMware Workstation team.

Re: VMware Workstation internal monitor error

Originally posted by abhishekbhargav View Post
    The moment I try to login, I get the below error and can't start the guest system.
    Login to what? If you are unable to start the guest OS then presumably you mean when you login to the host?

Originally posted by abhishekbhargav View Post
    I am wondering if someone can help me in VMWARE Workstation
    Perhaps, if you tell us what version.

Be advised that at present, no version of VMware Workstation officially supports installation on Windows Server 2008.
    Last edited by gforceindustries; 25th December 2008, 16:21.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi,

I meant when I "start" the guest operating system. I get this error.

I am using version 6.0.4 build-93057. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Cheers
      Abhi

Comment

First upgrade to version 6.5.1 | 2008/11/21 | Build: 126130

And then try and start the machine again...
        Maish
        ----------------------------------------------------------
        Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
        VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
        MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
        A proud husband and father of 3 girls
        ----------------------------------------------------------
        If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Thanks Guys. I downgraded the machine to 2003 64 bit edition and it works fine.

May be 2008 is not officially supported and is not compatible as I am also using a old version of vmware workstation.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X