No announcement yet.

how to switch between networks in vmware workstation?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to switch between networks in vmware workstation?

hello i am using the 6.0.5 Vmware Workstation, I am trying to create 2 networks
    i want that servers on the first network will be able to communicate with the second
    so in the "virutal Network Settings" i checked there is two VMNETs: VMNET 1 - is Host Only, and VMNET 8 is NAT
    the servers with the NAT configuration can communicate with the servers on host only but the host only servers cant
    how can i make both of the segments communicate?
    Last edited by dimiav; 22nd December 2008, 07:22.

Re: how to switch between networks in vmware workstation?

Why do you want them on two different networks?

In a real network, you would connect the 2 networks together (on different subnets) with a router. So do the same with the virtual network. Connect the first set of servers to VMNet3 and the second set to VMNet 4, then add a server with 2 NICs, one on 3 and one on 4. Setup routing on that server to route between the two networks.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.