No announcement yet.

VMware View - Do users need full admin rights???

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMware View - Do users need full admin rights???

Good day,

I'm new to this site and would like to know if somebody ever installed Vmware View yet. The reason is, at my office we have a Vmware 3.5 infrastructure team which I'm part of and a VDI team which is taking care of the desktops virtualisation project. The VDI team would like to use our VM infrastructure for their VDI project. This is fine, but my boss asked me what type of permission the VDI team would they need to manage their Virtual desktops?

The VDI team are claiming that they need full admini rights on the ESX server in order to manage their environment.

Is this true or not?

Mind you that I'm new to this team and to the ESX environment as well which means a lot on the plate for me to learn. )))

Re: Hello.

Welcome to the site jeanmic. Please take a few minutes to read the forum rules which can be found here and are linked to from the top of every forum - the thread title "Hello" is not especially descriptive
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Hello.

Topic name changed.

In future please use a proper title and not "Hello."