Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delete old vmdk snapshots files from esx 3.5 manually

Hello,
    I have about 300GB of old snapshot files shown in the Datastore Browser. The VM did not start with the error message "No space left. Failed to power on VM"
    I have deleted all snapshots in the snapshot manager but they seen to be still on the HDD.

How can I remove these files savely?

Best Regards
    Oliver

Re: delete old vmdk snapshots files from esx 3.5 manually

A search while having my elevens's tea and biscuits threw this up...

http://zealkabi.blogspot.com/2008/10...ot-but-it.html

It's sounds very much like your problem.
    If the information you receive helps please let us know and leave reputation points where appropriate.

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do. - Ted Nelson

Comment

Hello, Thank you very much for your quick help. After having the right direction I found an "official" KB article at

Commtting snapshots when there are no snapshot entires in the snapshot manager

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/mic...%200%209880301

To delete all the old snapshots took really a long time - about a day or so....
      I had to restart the VMWare server to see the free diskspace. May be I could have waited for a while longer and this would have happend by itself....

Again, thank you for the help.

Oliver

Comment

You're welcome and thanks for posting back.
        If the information you receive helps please let us know and leave reputation points where appropriate.

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do. - Ted Nelson

Comment

Working...
        X