X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESXi NFS not routing via correct NIC - OLD

Just built a new cluster of esx servers with esx3i

example of the config is

vswitch0 - 10.200.35.150 255.255.255.0 Management Network vmkernel (1 physical nic)

vswitch1 - 10.200.24.150 255.255.255.0 NFS vmkernel (2 physical nics)

I also have a vmotion vswitch , and another vswitch for the vm workstations.

After a bit of testing with my filer, it seems like the NFS traffic is going via the managment network, eventhough I need it to go via vswitch1.

It seems that with esxi the managment network is a vmkernel, whereas in esx is was a service console which was a vswif. Therefore the NFS traffic is going through the first vswitch which has a vmkernel.

Any ideas what I could do?

Re: ESXi NFS not routing via correct NIC

Does it really worth it that much to purchase Virtual Center? Would it be worth it to purchase Virtual [email protected]@If I don't upgrade my VI3 from standard to Enterprise. The post above cheered me up a lot into buying it, but it did [email protected]@mention what it will give & not give in standard [email protected]@@@Sneaky but just not sneaky enough@@
    Last edited by wullieb1; 18th December 2008, 00:20.

Comment

Please do not attempt top promote software that users need to purchase, regardless of whether it is VMware or not, on this website without speaking to Daniel first.

URL removed from post.

Comment

Hi,@@@@we are considering to buy a VMware Virtual [email protected]@We have two servers running VMware Standard [email protected]@Do you believe it will be worth it? Or do we have [email protected]@upgrade our VMware licenses to Enterprise before [email protected]@virtual center to make it worth it. I had just read [email protected]@following [email protected]@<a href="Removed poorly hidden link"> VMware virtual center real value </a>
        Last edited by biggles77; 2nd January 2009, 12:38. Reason: Removed spamming blog link

Comment

Another SPAMMER who thinks he's more clever than a bunch of IT Pros....

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

andrewstaflin and jamesanderson, interesting IPs.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I had just came a great MS Hyper-V resource. It show a step-by-step how to do Hyper-V

installation.It even introduce you to how to use all the advanced features of hyper-V like

MSCS, Quick Migration, & Snapshots.Check it out:<a href="

http://<span style="color:Red"><b>UR...Mod</b></span>

l"> MS windows 2008 Hyper-V important information</a>
              Last edited by biggles77; 3rd January 2009, 15:52. Reason: Remove spamming URL

Comment

Why have you posted information about Hyper-V in the VMware forum, and in a thread about ESXi? Post flagged.
                Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

This thread is unfortunately a train wreck.
                  VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
                  boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
                  My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Wonderful start to 2009

@gman99 (assuming you're still checking this thread) I realise that your question is from a while ago, but if you are still looking for an answer could you please post back to let us know? If so, a mod will most likely move your question to a new thread to do away with the spam.
                    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

If gman99 wishes to reply, please start a new Thread with the same Title.
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                      X