unattend within vmware 5.5.3 workstation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unattend within vmware 5.5.3 workstation

I tried to perform an unattend install of xp on a 2k virtual session via unattend.

It works to a certain point until after text mode where i receive a stop error 0x0000007b. i verified the virtual BIOS settings the boot sequence seems to be fine.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this? Or is there a limitation in performing this task.
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Re: unattend within vmware 5.5.3 workstation

Originally posted by salv236 View Post
    is there a limitation in performing this task.
    The only limitation I see at the moment is that the question should be posted in the right forum (VMWare, that is )
    Moved.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

7b is inaccessible boot device.

If you're using the BusLogic SCSI virtual hardware, the updated driver can be downloaded here:
      http://www.vmware.com/download/ws/drivers_tools.html

If you're using the LSILogic SCSI virtual hardware (preferred with XP and 2k3), the updated driver can be downloaded here:
      http://www.lsilogic.com/cm/DownloadSearch.do (search for the LSI20320-R controller)
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your input, i tried to buslogic driver, configured the massstorage and oemboot files section of my answer file however this still didnt work.

I then decided to try my lab using virtual pc and this seemed to work successfully.
        Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Comment

Working...
        X