Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCS or ESX server loses connection

Hi all

Well, I'm at last getting to grips with Virtual Centre Server 2.5 and ESX Server 3.5. I am running VCS on a desktop machine connected to our network (same as ESX Server). They are both using addresses starting 192.168.1.xxx.

Been working on the test setup for a demo at work all weekend and decided to shutdown my desktop with VCS and the Licence Server running on there.

Went back and started the desktop machine, connected to localhost and logged onto the ESX Host, no problems for 90 secs then the host went not responding and the VM disconnected.

Manually reconnected and everything OK for 90 secs then poof!

Rebooted the ESX Server and repeated the log on process and now everthing working fine. Connection to host stable and VM's running perfectly.

When I close down my desktop I am stopping a service which does not seem to restart automatically when I switch on.

Desktop running Windows XP. Services running in XP are VCS, VLS and Virtual Infrastructure Web Access. Service set a manual and NOT running is VMware Mount Service for VirtualCenter.

Given that a reboot of the ESX server did the trick has anyone any ideas what service may be causing the problem. I think it is on the ESX Server - but no idea what service.

Thanks in advance

Dipper

Re: VCS or ESX server loses connection

Originally posted by dipper17 View Post
    Went back and started the desktop machine, connected to localhost and logged onto the ESX Host, no problems for 90 secs then the host went not responding and the VM disconnected.
    I get that you restarted your VCMS and logged on at the VCMS console as localhost..

What do you mean when you say you logged onto the ESX host?

What do you mean "the VM disconnected"?

I thought you were describing a VirtualCenter issue but you're kind of jumping around throwing ESX host and VM talk in the mix. Clarification might help set me straight.

Thank you,
    Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
    X