No announcement yet.

Wireless Connection problem qith M server

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Connection problem qith M server

I am using Windows VM server on my Laptop and On VM sever I have installed XP Professional and Microsoft server 2003 but my wireless doesn't work with both of it. Is anyone knows how can i make it work?

Re: Wireless Connection problem qith M server

More detail required.

You are running Microsoft Virtual Server 2005?

What is the host operating system on your laptop? Virtual Server is unsupported on desktop editions of Windows.

What steps have you taken to setup your virtual machines with regards to networking?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Sorry not the Windows VM server, It's VM Server 2.0 (

On My laptop m using Windows Vista Home addition and Installed Windows XP pro and Server 2003 on VM.

If you are using VMWare, then why you post your question in the VirtualPC / Virtual Server forum ?!?
        Please read the forum rules before anything else!

Administrative note: Moved to the right forum.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

You will need to set the virtual network settings of your Vmware Server to bridge/NAT the wireless adapter
          Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
          VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
          MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
          A proud husband and father of 3 girls
          If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Yes i'd agree with Maish, put them on a separate network address and use nat to communicate with the host.
            You should put them in a team also.
            Last edited by uk_network; 11th November 2008, 22:15.
            Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
            I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
            MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.