Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with ESX

Hai
    Iam facing a peculiar problem with esx server iam using 2 esx servers with vcms foundation
    when i resart esx 1 it gives an error saying missing license state license server invalid
    license server and vcms are on same phy. mcahine
    if i give host based license for esx1 (problamatic server ) it is unregistering vm's automatically from esx1 and you cant see themin inventory
    iam attaching the screen shot
    pls advice me
    vamshi
    Attached Files

Re: Problem with ESX

Originally posted by vamsi444 View Post
    Hai
    Iam facing a peculiar problem with esx server iam using 2 esx servers with vcms foundation
    when i resart esx 1 it gives an error saying missing license state license server invalid
    license server and vcms are on same phy. mcahine
    if i give host based license for esx1 (problamatic server ) it is unregistering vm's automatically from esx1 and you cant see themin inventory
    iam attaching the screen shot
    pls advice me
    vamshi
    It looks like you are trying to use host based licensing (on your hosts) when it sounds like you should be used server based licensing (on your vcms).

host based and server based licenses are not interchangable. They are keyed differently.

Obtain the correct server based licensing and install the license server on your vcms.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
    X