Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Machines can't access the internet

Hello Guys, I need you help..
    I am using Windows Vista on my PC, and I installed Windows XP in VMware Workstation..
    But the problem is I can't get IP from the Router, ==> I can't access the internet ofcourse. I installed VMware normally.

And I realize that.

1/ VMnet1 , VMnet8 which are displayed in the Network Connections on Windows Vista have the status : Network unidentified. I wonder if it is the problem
    2/Two days ago, I can access the internet using this Vitual Machine. I don't know why, but when I check the VMnet1 and VMnet8 , the status is still : Network unidentified.

3/ I have an access point with 4 ethernet ports between Router and my PC, does it cause the problem ??

When I use another version of Windows except Vista , There is no problem..
    Please Help me.
    Thank you very much
    Last edited by summer.nguyen; 27th October 2008, 14:13.

Re: Virtual Machines can't access the internet

Originally posted by summer.nguyen View Post
    Hello Guys, I need you help..
    I am using Windows Vista on my PC, and I installed Windows XP in VMware Workstation..
    But the problem is I can't get IP from the Router, ==> I can't access the internet ofcourse. I installed VMware normally.

And I realize that.

1/ VMnet1 , VMnet8 which are displayed in the Network Connections on Windows Vista have the status : Network unidentified. I wonder if it is the problem
    2/Two days ago, I can access the internet using this Vitual Machine. I don't know why, but when I check the VMnet1 and VMnet8 , the status is still : Network unidentified.

3/ I have an access point with 4 ethernet ports between Router and my PC, does it cause the problem ??
    It shouldn't, however, it would be easy to test by eliminating the access point from the equation. Plug the Vista PC into the router and test.

Originally posted by summer.nguyen View Post
    When I use another version of Windows except Vista , There is no problem..
    Please Help me.
    Thank you very much
    Is your XP VM obtaining an IP address? Be sure you're VM is using either "BRIDGED" (VMNET 0), or "NAT" (VMNET networking so that your XP VM can communicate with the physical network. Also be sure the VMware bridge protocol is bound to your physical adapter on the Vista PC.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
    X