Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connection between two Virtual Machines in VMWare

Hello
    Can any body Guide me how to establish Network connectionbetween two virtual Machines in VMWare
    I have 3 cirtual machines
    1. WIn 2003 server with AD
    2. Win XP
    3. WinXP

can any body guide me how to make connection between all these VMs in VMWare..?

THanks in advance ..

Re: connection between two Virtual Machines in VMWare

All you have to do is put them on the same network connection. you will have to give them appropriate static IP's or put them in the same DHCP range

Workstation / Server
    Bridged - Connected to the same network that your guest machine is (same IP network)
    NAT - will have access to the external network, but your machines will have an internal address
    Host-Only - Machines will be able to talk to each other only (not external machines

ESX
    Connect them to the same Network portgroup and they will be able to talk to each other.
    Maish
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
    VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
    MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
    A proud husband and father of 3 girls
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maish View Post
      ESX
      Connect them to the same Network portgroup and they will be able to talk to each other.
      Same portgroup works as Maish discusses, but it isn't an absolute requirement.

Put VMs on the same virtual switch and they will be able to "talk" to one another providing their transport protocol is set up correctly. VMs on different portgroups on the same virtual switch will talk to each other if they are on the same subnet. Even two VMs on different VST VLANs will talk to each other if they are on the same subnet. I actually have an issue with this personally. I think it's a security issue. When the Cisco virtual Nexus switch comes in, this should be resolved. I don't believe 2 physical machines on 2 different physical VLANs can cross talk. Maybe David Davis could add his two cents here.

Jas
      Last edited by jasonboche; 16th October 2008, 15:02.
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

I've closed off your other thread.

Take this as a warning that we do not tolerate double posting. Consider yourself lucky that i'm in a good mood or you'd be banned.

Comment

It looks like he re-typed his post, as if he thought the first one didn't post correctly (ie. his browser, ISP, or Daniel's site timed out). Refresh your browser and double check before you double post I guess is the lesson being passed along here.
          VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
          boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
          My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by anilperam View Post
            Hello
            Can any body Guide me how to establish Network connectionbetween two virtual Machines in VMWare
            I have 3 cirtual machines
            1. WIn 2003 server with AD
            2. Win XP
            3. WinXP

can any body guide me how to make connection between all these VMs in VMWare..?

THanks in advance ..
            Is u successfull in establishing network with in vmware.. and which network use i mean NAT,Bridge,host only
            and u done successfully doing Team.....?
            waiting from u

Comment

It's easier to use nat. create a team, add in all your vm's, make sure each connection is set to nat, and for lan segment, add lan1
              Last edited by uk_network; 24th October 2008, 21:17.
              Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
              I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
              MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by uk_network View Post
                It's easier to use nat. create a team, add in all your vm's, make sure each connection is set to nat, and for lan segment, add lan1
                Can u please send me exact scanerio or tutorial or artical about configure all
                server and client ,dns ,dhcp, web server .etc.....and connect to client with in team in virtual machine.
                and any link that help me more
                thanks.

Comment

Open vmware>file>new>team>
                  create the team..
                  Then find 'edit team settings' or from the file menu click team>settings
                  Click the 'virtual machines' tab.
                  Add in your virtual machines via add existing virtual machine, browse to the vmx file, click open.
                  Click 'connections' make sure all the connections are set to NAT
                  Mess with the options if u want to change ur default team name, or where the config is kept.
                  Next power on your vm's one by one.
                  vmware acts as a nat device for your nat network, also dhcp is enabled by default.
                  So when u power up your vm's they will automatically get all the network settings via dhcp.

Don't forget to give rep points if someone helps you.
                  Attached Files
                  Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
                  I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
                  MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Working...
                  X