X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2V and CPU errors

Hi

i have 2 esx with 4 dual cure cpu
    when i try to P2V a server with 2 dual cure cpu it works fine untill the point i need to turn it on .
    it gives me an error :

Virtual machine has 4 cirtual CPUs , but the host only supports 2 . the Number of virtual CPUs may be limited by the guest OS selected for the virtual machine or by the licensing for the host

Thanks \

Re: P2V and CPU errors

Is your host hardware on the Hardware Compatibility List for the version of ESX that you are running?

Can you post the contents of the vmware.log from the VM that will not power on?

If you change the number of vCPUs in the VM to two, does the VM power on successfully?

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Hi

how can i get the log , if the machine is off ?
      i tried to change to 2 cpu , then the machines goes up and after somthing around 30-90 sec , there is a popup , "... at least one service faild to load ..."
      and then it shutdown .
      and the only way to get it back up again is to reset the ESX !!!
      and then again it goes up and after 90 sec down (

Comment

The log is not inside the VM. The log is in the datastore folder where the VM lives. The VM does not need to be powered on to view the log.
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
        boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
        X