communicating with VMware LINUX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• communicating with VMware LINUX

we are trying to do NFS with a windows 2003 server (NOT R2).. i know that there is software that works with windows so that it can talk to linux
    Does anyone have any suggestions? Something simple. I remember SAMBA but i cannot find how to install it.

any suggestions would be awesome
    thanks in advance

Re: communicating with VMware LINUX

http://us3.samba.org/samba/
    Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

Originally posted by mlabs View Post
      we are trying to do NFS with a windows 2003 server (NOT R2).. i know that there is software that works with windows so that it can talk to linux
      Does anyone have any suggestions? Something simple. I remember SAMBA but i cannot find how to install it.

any suggestions would be awesome
      thanks in advance
      Microsoft Services for Unix

Blah nevermind my post, I see you don't have R2, but I believe you can download SFU as a stand alone add-on.

Jas
      Last edited by jasonboche; 12th September 2008, 21:12.
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

do i need a seperate Linux server or can i install it on a vmware machine?

I am trying to "mount" a NFS of a directory from a windows server into a vmware environment to recover sql databases. We are trying to cut down the RTO by mounting the drive directly to the vm rather than copy and pasting the data back to the vm.

Comment

SFU installes on Windows. You should just install R2 and it will be included with that.
          VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
          boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
          My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
          X