Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vmware workstation issue with vmware virtual adapters Vista x64. and connectivity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vmware workstation issue with vmware virtual adapters Vista x64. and connectivity

I'm having an issue with the "vmware network adapter" in vista x64.. specifically both of them.. I have vmware network adatper vmnet1 and vmnet2..

I was having an issue with communicator 2007 not being able to transfer files to and from my vista machine, once i disabled these in network connections it worked fine..

Also.. even with these enabled, suddenly in my xp vmware virtual guest.. i cant get connectivity.. it states limitted connectivity.. i've tried disabling and re-enabling the connections with no luck...

Any thoughts on these two..

The problems have persisted from version to version, no updated version has fixed this so far.

Thanks

Re: Vmware workstation issue with vmware virtual adapters Vista x64. and connectivity

VMNET1 is your host only network adapter. You may disable this adapter if you plan on using the VMNET0 bridged adapter or the VMNET8 NAT adapter.

Did you create the VMNET2 adapter? Normally that adapter is not defined or used.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Re: Vmware workstation issue with vmware virtual adapters Vista x64. and connectivity

Originally posted by jasonboche View Post
      VMNET1 is your host only network adapter. You may disable this adapter if you plan on using the VMNET0 bridged adapter or the VMNET8 NAT adapter.

Did you create the VMNET2 adapter? Normally that adapter is not defined or used.

Jas

In my case.. I had to disable VMNET8, i was able to leave VMNET1 alone.. i'm not sure why though.. this was the only way things would work..

I didnt create VMNET8 or VMNET1 as far as i recall though.

Comment

Even with both of the virtual adapters enabled, i still have an issue with my guest machines..

It appears that the virtual adapter #1 is getting an ip like 192.168.121.1..

In the xp client, when set to bridged, i have limitted or no connectivity.. ie: it wont get an ip address from my dhcp on 192.168.100.x

This was never a problem before..

Any ideas why this is happening.. for now i set the ethernet adapter to share the ip with the host..

I should add that in the virtual network settings i see vmnet0, vmnet1 and vmnet8.. vmnet 1 and 8 show up on the client, but not vmnet0.. the one that should be doing the bridging.

Comment

Originally posted by markm75 View Post
          I'm having an issue with the "vmware network adapter" in vista x64.. specifically both of them.. I have vmware network adatper vmnet1 and vmnet2..

I was having an issue with communicator 2007 not being able to transfer files to and from my vista machine, once i disabled these in network connections it worked fine..

Also.. even with these enabled, suddenly in my xp vmware virtual guest.. i cant get connectivity.. it states limitted connectivity.. i've tried disabling and re-enabling the connections with no luck...

Any thoughts on these two..

The problems have persisted from version to version, no updated version has fixed this so far.

Thanks
          Nevermind.. i didnt have the local workstation (host) adapter set for the bridged adapter

All is well.. but i still can only enable vmnet1 in vista x64 or i have issues with other apps.

Comment

Working...
          X