VMWARE ESX3i

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMWARE ESX3i

IS there any software that can backup to VMware ESX3i?

thanks

Re: VMWARE ESX3i

Hello,

Do you mean backup FROM ESXi? Please elaborate on the scenario on exactly what you are attempting to accomplish.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

trying to backup my production ESX3.5 environment using vizioncore to a DR ESX 3i server. vision core does not work since it needs SSH.. Is there software that can do that without ssh?

thanks

Comment

SSH is firewalled or your company does not allow SSH?
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+

Comment

AFAIK, ESX3i does not have SSH nor does it have a Service Console. I've been looking for a solution to backup ESX3i without having to purchase additional "a la carte" components from VMWare.

Comment

visioncore's product needs ssh access to the control panel on the ESX 3.5 server. so i dont know anything else other than to a vm converter to "copy the vmdk" anything else would be better

Comment

From http://blog.scottlowe.org/2008/07/25...on-free-esxi/:

There are a few simple or free solutions for ESXi backup.

You can enable ssh and use ssh to copy/backup the VM files. Enabling ssh is “unsupported” by vmware but it works and I use this method.

If you have another machine that you can use for storage as a SAN,
              setup some storage with NFS. You can then backup the files natively from the NFS host.

Comment

Working...
              X