Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting an error while Starting VMWare on Windows XP Prof.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting an error while Starting VMWare on Windows XP Prof.

I am getting Socket communication error while starting VMWare Console Application with Local Host option on Windows XP Prof.

Re: Getting an error while Starting VMWare on Windows XP Prof.

Using VMware Server? What version? I haven't seen this error when connecting locally to the local host. Console uses port 902.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonboche View Post
      Using VMware Server? What version? I haven't seen this error when connecting locally to the local host. Console uses port 902.
      I have read in one artical that if other application already using a port which VMWare Server Console try to use then such error occures. But i don't know how to check the port used by the application and change port for an application. I am getting below error message:

"Error writing to vmware-authd socket. error 10013 "

Comment

In a command prompt, run the command netstat -a -b -n -o

You'll be returned with results similar to the screenshot I have provided. Look for the process(es) using port 902. Pay attention to the process name and process id that is using that port. In my case it's vmware-authd.exe which is correct. In your case, it would be some other application using port 902 if you have a port conflict.
        Attached Files
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+

Comment

hi jason,

I have tried this command and found that two instances of vmware-authd.exe are running on my machine on different ports(902 and 912) and no other application is using the same ports. and i am still facing the same problem. can you please guide me what should i do?

Thanks,
          Chirag.

Comment

Originally posted by chiragpatel View Post
            hi jason,

I have tried this command and found that two instances of vmware-authd.exe are running on my machine on different ports(902 and 912) and no other application is using the same ports. and i am still facing the same problem. can you please guide me what should i do?

Thanks,
            Chirag.
            Disable all VMware services
            Reboot the host
            Re-run the netstat -a -b -n -o command
            Now is there anything using port 902?

Comment

Jason,

I have checked it. still two instances of vmware-authd.exe are listening on two different ports. I am using VMware-server-installer-1.0.2-39867. is there any setting i need to do in Windows XP. Does Windows Vista Home basic supports VMWare?
              Thanks,
              Chirag.

Comment

Working...
              X