Server Virtualization

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Virtualization

Hey Folks - We need your help. We were hoping, we could gain from your experience with implementing server virtualization. When should we be using Red Hat Virtualization, Citrix Virtualization, Xen Virtualization, Microsoft Virtualization, Oracle Virtualization and VMWare. I will be very interested in learning from your first hand experience. I will also like to know, under what situations is one virtualization preferred over the other. - Thanks for your help

Re: Server Virtualization

Originally posted by john_sm View Post
    Hey Folks - We need your help. We were hoping, we could gain from your experience with implementing server virtualization. When should we be using Red Hat Virtualization, Citrix Virtualization, Xen Virtualization, Microsoft Virtualization, Oracle Virtualization and VMWare. I will be very interested in learning from your first hand experience. I will also like to know, under what situations is one virtualization preferred over the other. - Thanks for your help
    You're asking an awfully loaded question that rivals questions like:
    "What's better, Windows or Linux?"
    "Ford or Chevy?"
    "Catholic or Lutheran?"

There is no one answer that is right for everyone across the board. For you, the best choice is going to be the product that best fits your environment's current and future needs. I don't know the details about your environment and won't speculate. Each solution comes with a set of attributes, pros, and cons which you'll need to evaluate to make a decision. I'll end this reply with the statement that VMware is currently the virtualization arena leader in terms of innovation, features, and proven track record. I'd start there.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
    X