Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booting a virtual machine automatically

Hello Friends,

There is the possibility of booting a virtual machine automatically in Windows XP.
    Sure you can count on colleagues' attention, thank you in advance.

Odail
    São Pedro-São Paulo-Brasil

Re: Booting a virtual machine automatically

Hello Odail,

I do not understand if you are asking a question or making a statement. If you are asking a question, please provide more information.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

I think he's asking if you can make a VM start automatically when the host machine starts. AFAIK, you can't in VMWare Server. Might it be possible to script this using chron (AT?) in the ESX shell?

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
        I think he's asking if you can make a VM start automatically when the host machine starts. AFAIK, you can't in VMWare Server. Might it be possible to script this using chron (AT?) in the ESX shell?
        Automatic VM startup and shutdown for host startup and shutdown has been a feature of VMware Server since the GSX days. You can only access this feature by the web based management interface or by editing the configuration files directly (much more complicated).
        Attached Files
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+

Comment

The poster stated that he is running VMWare in XP, so I assumed he was running VMWare Server and not GSX or ESX. I don't think it's possible in VMWare Server, is that correct?

Comment

VMWare server can auto start VM's, VMware workstation wont auto start VM's

*be default, sure it can be done with some hacking

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
              The poster stated that he is running VMWare in XP, so I assumed he was running VMWare Server and not GSX or ESX. I don't think it's possible in VMWare Server, is that correct?
              I had stated in my reply that autostart and autoshutdown has been available in VMware Server since the GSX days. I provided VMware Server screenshots showcasing the feature.

VM startup and shutodown is also available in ESX.

Jas

Comment

Working...
              X