Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot run VMWare in XP

Hi

I have VMware installed in my computer from last 3 months. But suddenly from last 3/4 day when I try to run vmware from my PC that simply does work. That doesn't show any error-just simply doesn't work.
    First I thought probably vmware software might have corrupted. Then I download new VMware 2.00 and tried to install in my PC-even installation does not work- nothing happens when try to double click installation file. I'm sure I have downloaded the correct VMware installation file.

I have no clue how to solve this. I never had experience like that.
    My PC description:

Intel core 2 Duo CPU
    2.83 GHZ, 3.25 G OF RAM
    HARD DISK: 500 GB

I think I have something wrong in my PC.Can anyone help???????????

Re: Cannot run VMWare in XP

Something is wrong with your OS. Have you tried rebooting? How about a thorough virus scan? Can you log on as a different user (such as a local administrator) and try to launch the application? This would isolate the issue to a specific user profile.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

I have tried by rebooting and also checked anti virus, but couldn't find anything.

Comment

I believe Vmware can be run in a verbose/debug mode. It may be possible to launch it that way and examine the logfile for any entires.

Comment

I would suggest running Microsoft/Sysinternals Process Monitor (procmon.exe) to further troubleshoot this.
          VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+

Comment

I have found the following after running process monitor:

192849 2:27:43.5895757 AM vmware.exe 3772 RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\vmware.exe NAME NOT FOUND Desired Access: Read
            192866 2:27:43.5907140 AM vmware.exe 3772 RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server SUCCESS Desired Access: Read
            192867 2:27:43.5907462 AM vmware.exe 3772 RegQueryValue HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\TSAppCompat SUCCESS Type: REG_DWORD, Length: 4, Data: 0
            192868 2:27:43.5907798 AM vmware.exe 3772 RegCloseKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server SUCCESS
            192893 2:27:43.5917948 AM vmware.exe 3772 RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Opt ion NAME NOT FOUND Desired Access: Query Value, Set Value
            192894 2:27:43.5918266 AM vmware.exe 3772 RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Safer\Cod eIdentifiers SUCCESS Desired Access: Query Value
            192895 2:27:43.5918507 AM vmware.exe 3772 RegQueryValue HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Safer\Cod eIdentifiers\TransparentEnabled SUCCESS Type: REG_DWORD, Length: 4, Data: 1
            192896 2:27:43.5918783 AM vmware.exe 3772 RegCloseKey HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Safer\Cod eIdentifiers SUCCESS
            192897 2:27:43.5918957 AM vmware.exe 3772 RegOpenKey HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Safer\Cod eIdentifiers NAME NOT FOUND Desired Access: Query Value
            192925 2:27:43.5947251 AM vmware.exe 3772 RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Sid eBySide\AssemblyStorageRoots NAME NOT FOUND Desired Access: Enumerate Sub Keys

can anyone explain the above logs???????

Comment

Nothing in your procmon output jumps out at me. The "NOT FOUND" messages are commonly seen in procmon, filemon, and regmon due to coding techniques in place for flexibility or sloppy reasons.

Are those the very last entries before the application crashes?

Try uninstalling and re-installing your VMware product.

I'm just grasping at straws at this point.

Comment

Hi there,

u can do one thing i.e. go to the folder where u installed vmware application it may be C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\2.5 from here copy this file (libeay32.dll) and paste it in this folder (C:\WINDOWS\system32) and chck it it suld work.

pls let me know.

thnx n regards

vally.

Comment

Hi everybody,

Is there any solution of the problem? I have exactly the same problem as Joy. I

had installed VmWare server2 and everything worked OK. Then VmWare stopped

work. I uninstalled it, but cannot run VmWare Setup now - nothing happens.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabil View Post
                    Is there any solution of the problem?
                    Reinstall Windows and restore data from your backup.
                    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
                    X