Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up windows 2003 network on VMWare workstation 5.5

Hi all,

i'm currently setting up a windows 2003 network on vmware workstation 5.5.

The network should have it's own DC with an DHCP and DNS server. This server has 2 network cards. 1 bridged with the network card from the host and 1 configured as host only (see: http://www.petri.co.il/virtual_create_network_testlab_vmware.htm). The windows XP clients have only the host only network card.

I have disabled the DHCP service from VMWare on this network. But now my XP clients can't find the DHCP server from my windows 2003 server.

anyone any idea what can go wrong?

Re: Setting up windows 2003 network on VMWare workstation 5.5

Why does the Server VM have 2 network cards with one of them bridged to the hosts network? I would remove the bridged NIC if it's not needed. With your current requirements, I sense that you only need "host only" networking.

Above and beyond that, check your DHCP (and DNS services) to see if they are bound only to the bridged NIC (and not the host only NIC). This would explain why your XP clients can't find a DHCP offer on the host only network.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
    X