Pink Screen of Death!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Screen of Death!

Has anyone had this problem when trying to install the newly released ESXi?

http://tm-pugadbaboy.blogspot.com/20...-of-death.html

Re: Pink Screen of Death!

It's a purple screen of death, not pink.

That's also an older version of ESX. build 64607 released in December 2007, then re-released in February of 2008 because VMware had been distributing a corrupted .ISO since the December release which had been causing installation problems.
    Last edited by jasonboche; 21st August 2008, 16:12.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Purple...pink...it's all the same.

Comment

And that's not my screenshot with my version, sorry fogot to mention that. I have:

Version 3.5 Update 2 | 110271 - 08/15/08

It's the same exact message I get...just different version. I've read on forums that it might be a hardware issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ekrengel View Post
          Purple...pink...it's all the same.

Not in a forum search it's not However, as luck would have it, the color pink still arrives at the correct acronym PSOD.
          VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+

Comment

Originally posted by ekrengel View Post
            And that's not my screenshot with my version, sorry fogot to mention that. I have:

Version 3.5 Update 2 | 110271 - 08/15/08

It's the same exact message I get...just different version. I've read on forums that it might be a hardware issue.
            Hardware issue is the case most of the time. Keep that in mind if you sit the VCP exam. Is all of your hardware on the HCL?

Comment

Yeah I looked through it...my SCSI card was on the list, ServerRAID 7k. Other then that I don't know what else wouldn't be compatible for just booting into the CD...

I'm using an IMB x345.

Comment

you can try to run vmsupport, gather the logs, especially the kernel dumpfiles, and escalate it to vmware support, if you are entitle to that of course. might be a good idea to do the same with the server support, if it is a brandname server under warranty

if it is not, you can try to update all the firmware of the hardware, especially the SCSI controllers and BIOS, and see if that solves the issue
                ________
                Yamaha libero (g5)
                Last edited by DYasny; 6th March 2011, 19:23.
                Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

Yeah I was thinking of doing that...I don't know if it's worth the irritation since this was only test. I'm probably just going to pop it in an HP DL380.

Thanks though!

Comment

Working...
                  X