best low to mid controller for ESXI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best low to mid controller for ESXI

Thank you for all your help so far. I have been doing some reading and some people point to 3ware SATA II raid cards to work for ESXI fully. I am looking for preberably a 6 or more port raid card, PCI-E or PCI 32bit, that will let me have 1 raid 1 array, and one raid 5 array. Preferably under 200$. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, for another server, I am looking for a 5 volt PCI 64 bit(i believe thats PCI-X) SATA raid card.

Re: best low to mid controller for ESXI

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you. I only use server class hardware with SCSI drives. If you don't get any respones here, head over to the VMware forums and post there - I'm sure you'll get plenty of useful responses.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

I cannot seem to post on vmware forums. Once I login and try to post, I get the page cannot be displayed. Is anyone else having this issue?

Comment

VMware forums are having issues this morning. I can't log in and I'm one of their forum moderators.. I contacted their administrators first thing this morning via email. They are on Pacific time but should have had the issue resolved by now.
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
        boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
        X