No announcement yet.

testing software on VMware

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• testing software on VMware

Hi all,

I am new to VMware and manage to install my first server after reading the notes on this forum - thakn you all.

As we are a small firm - 50 users the budget is very limited for IT (do more with less).I would love to test the VMware with some different applications such as SQL 2005, Exchange 2007 but I don't have the approval to buy the license. I did a search on the microsoft site but with no luck - Is there a temp licence for those applications so I can test them with VMware and where can I find them?

Re: testing software on VMware

Exchange 2007 Evaluation

SQL 2005 Evaluation

Here you go...
    Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
    VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
    MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
    A proud husband and father of 3 girls
    If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

As much as I don't want to promote it, there is also a 32-bit version of Exchange 2007 for running inside of a Microsoft virtual machine. I believe that is for eval purposes and I would guess it comes with a temp license but you'd need to investigate it. If you can't find a link for it, let me know and I'll dig it up for you.

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Hi guys,

I have been away this is why the late thank you.