ESX Server 3.5 - Server Consolidation Utility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESX Server 3.5 - Server Consolidation Utility

When running Consolidation within VC to Analysis Server ratings to plan P 2 V it fails with error: "Connection to perfmon failed. Remote registry disabled or the collector service is not running with Administrator privileges"

The Services have been checked on source server and Correct Domain admin account is authenticated for Analysis

Has anyone seen this before?

Re: ESX Server 3.5 - Server Consolidation Utility

When you set up your credentials, did you use the format domain\user for the user name?
    Chris

Comment

In addition to local admin rights, the service account also needs "log on as a service" right on the box to be analyzed.

Check your log files on the VirtualCenter server located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware Capacity Planner\Logs\

and

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware Converter Enterprise\Logs\

Jas
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for that guys I was however using the Domain\user name syntax but needed to have the Local Security policy set to log on as a service!!

Comment

Excellent. Glad to help someone out.
          VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
          boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
          My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

I solved my error by running the Vmware Capacity Planner service in virtual center under an Domain administrator account.

Haim

Comment

Working...
            X