Vmware Hardware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vmware Hardware

Is there any specific processor (Intel VT tech. processor) for vmware ESX server or we can configue this to normal hp, dell server for production.

Thanks

Re: Vmware Hardware

a normal hp or dell server would have VT, if it is new enough. Dell 6th gen servers and upwards are all capable of running ESX.
    but to make sure, go to vmware.com and read the HCL
    ________
    Starcraft ii replay
    Last edited by DYasny; 6th March 2011, 18:55.
    Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

Originally posted by Pushkar View Post
      Is there any specific processor (Intel VT tech. processor) for vmware ESX server or we can configue this to normal hp, dell server for production.

Thanks
      Consult the current Systems Compatibility .PDF file for the version of ESX that you are looking to install.

I've found that there are literally no processor-based restrictions that would keep a server off the HCL. It's more going to deal with SCSI/Array controllers and NICs for which there needs to be driver support in the VMKernel.

I've run ESX on some awfully old Compaq hardware.
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushkar View Post

Thanks
        check out the vmware hardware compatibility guides for ESX server. These guides have detailed information on the processor, disk, network and even server models that are supported on ESX platform.

http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/v...s_35_3i_i.html

Comment

Working...
        X