Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please resolve the error when i convert vmware virtual machine from GSX to ESX.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please resolve the error when i convert vmware virtual machine from GSX to ESX.

kindly resolve the error when i convert vmware virtual machine from GSX to ESX.
    The error which i got is : operating system not found. I changed vmdk file to gsx to esx format through vmkfstools -i command. also i changed controller to buslogic.

Re: Please resolve the error when i convert vmware virtual machine from GSX to ESX.

Originally posted by ashishshukla123 View Post
    kindly resolve the error when i convert vmware virtual machine from GSX to ESX.
    The error which i got is : operating system not found. I changed vmdk file to gsx to esx format through vmkfstools -i command. also i changed controller to buslogic.
    You essentially changed the hard drive controller inside the OS from IDE to SCSI, for which the OS does not have a driver loaded nor is it prepared to handle the change.

Next time, before converting the disk type, add an additional SCSI disk first so that the OS performs a plug and play detection allowing the driver to be loaded. At that point, the driver is injected and you can change the disk/controller type of the bootable drive.

You may also try VMware Converter to convert your VM from GSX to ESX. Converter will handle the drive/controller conversion for you. It's a free product.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
    X