No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virtualization

Greeting friends.

Am the newest member of petri. I have read carefully the welcome information about how to use all forums.

I know this is not the right place for my question but i hope i'll got the answer...

My company now going to start training on virtualization i.e. ( Vmware and Microsoft virtual server) and we are free to join any bcoz my company has clients for both the the question is which technology should i choose........because its a ten day training by the Vmware and Microsoft expert and we have to choose only one.

please tell me which tech. shoul i go for.

Re: virtualization

That is a big question. That is like trying to think should I go to law school or medical school.

Each of us will tell that both products have multiple features ...

But it all depends on what you want, what your requirements will be, and what you would like to do with virtualization.

Sit down, work out a plan of what you would like. What you need (in regards to availability, backup, network, storage etc..... there is a huge list)

Then see which one of the technologies will be suitable for your purposes.

Both Platforms do virtualization.

Once you know then you can see which platform will be more suitable for your needs, and then you can know what to go for.

That does not mean that you cannot do both, but don't expect to know the product or how to design a virtualizaiotn solution after 10 days of training. It will take a lot longer than that....

(oh and... why is the VMware training 10 days? from what I know the VCP course is only 5 days so what are the other 5 for?)
    Technodrone|@maishsk|Author of VMware vSphere Design
    VMware vExpert 2013-2010,VCAP5-DCA/DCD,VCP
    MSCA 2000/2003, MCSE 2000/2003
    A proud husband and father of 3 girls
    If you find the information useful please don't forget to give reputation points sigpic.

Have a good one!!

Please do not double post!
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

I will personally recommend VMWare.
          MCSE : Windows Server 2003

Thanks Bornachieve & Jasonboche

Thanks for the responce.....................i got the same responce from some of my seniors.

Thanks again