IP Scheme for Virtual Lab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Scheme for Virtual Lab

My company uses 192.168.10.0 as the IP scheme. After reading Petri's "How to create a Network test lab with VMWare" article, I was wondering if I can assign the same IP scheme to my test lab as the production network and be able to isolate the virtual network from my production environment.

Re: IP Scheme for Virtual Lab

What virtualization product are you using in your network ?

If you want to isolate a physical VLAN from a virtual VLAN simply add a virtual switch and connect the VM to the virtual switch. Do not bind the virtual switch to any physical network cards.
    MCSE : Windows Server 2003

Comment

I will be using VMWare Server (Free). How is a Virtual Switch added?

Comment

Originally posted by geekinput View Post
        My company uses 192.168.10.0 as the IP scheme. After reading Petri's "How to create a Network test lab with VMWare" article, I was wondering if I can assign the same IP scheme to my test lab as the production network and be able to isolate the virtual network from my production environment.
        Yes of course. Simply use VMNET1 (the default host-only VMNET) or create a new host-only VMNET with no outbound physical VMNIC to your production network.
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
        boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
        X