Cannot get terminal session to vm server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot get terminal session to vm server

I'm having an issue getting a terminal session to a vm server even thought I can get to the vm server thru my VM Client.
    Anyone got any idea how to rectify this without rebooting the VM server??

Re: Cannot get terminal session to vm server

Shergar,

Please DO NOT double post.

http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=25

2) No double posting

Not here. Post once, wait for an answer. Do NOT post your "very important" question on more than one forum, and never post the same question again. If you have new issues regarding your "old" question - just follow your first thread and post to it. Members that cannot understand this simple rule will be banned.

You have already posted this in the Terminal Services forum:

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.p...7605#post97605

Reported to admins

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Cannot get terminal session to vm server

Can you ping the VM guest OS from where you are trying to TS from?

If you can ping it, is port 3389 open between the VM guest OS from where you are trying to TS from?

On the host, what type of networking are you using? bridged, host only, or nat?
      =You need to be using bridged.
      =If you are using nat, then you need to have port forwarding set up on the host for port 3389.
      =If you are using host only you'll have better luck winning the lottery jackpot 100 times consecutively.

Jas
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
      X