Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot see iSCSI target

Hiya,

I suppose to install a MSSQL cluster for a presentation. For this I am using one of our local dev. ESX server.

I have created one virtual machine running openfiler and configured according to Daniel's How To.

A second virtual machine runs Server 2003 Standard x64 R2 SP2.
    This server has been configured as DNS Server and Domain Controller.

I have then installed the iSCSI initiator and did not receive an error when adding the IP of the openfiler VM under Target Portals.

However, the Target tab is empty

Any help is highly appreciated.. Let me know if you need more information ...

I joined the openfiler server to the domain of the DC and it does show up in the AD MMC .. the initiator has been installed on the DC btw.
    Last edited by Gomjaba; 28th February 2008, 17:59.

Re: Cannot see iSCSI target

Never mind, I am using now shared discs from the ESX which is more than sufficent for the test

Comment

There are a few tricks to get the iSCSI software initiator working correctly (and this is by design). Let us know if you want to tackle this down the road.

Jas
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonboche View Post
        There are a few tricks to get the iSCSI software initiator working correctly (and this is by design). Let us know if you want to tackle this down the road.

Jas
        Thanks, anctually it did work at the end.
        The first time I joined it to the domain it saw the groups, but not the user, then I joined it another time and it worked (and saw all the user).

Comment

Working...
        X