No announcement yet.

physical to virtual backup

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• physical to virtual backup

Hello all,

I am more somekind of a lurker on this forums.
    Lately I was working on p2v backup project. I will here in short describe what it is about and take a little tame visit the page and tell me what do you think about it. Please note that whole project is open and only free tools are used in implementation.
    Whole process is on the

I will here describe whole process of implementation of virtual servers into your current network infrastructure. With virtualization you will get virtual failover servers and you will have fresh replica of all of your important data, so in case main servers failure you will have fast disaster recovery plan that just works. Of course you can have clusters in your network infrastructure but what is the cost of managing clusters and paying licenses for that expensive kind on in stable software.
    There are always savings into hardware and power consumption, imagine now you need to have one physical for every server you own if you want to have good disaster recovery plan, with this you can have dozen of backups on the same server and you will run only backup that is needed in case of the disaster.

big.picture.of project
    Main sense of whole project is to keep employees work without interruption caused by server hardware. This process provides low cost failover solution without datacenters or clusters or expensive special hardware and software.
    Please note that this project is not best for all server backups, the best would be to contact me with extensive network, servers and data types information and I will suggest is this good solution for you.