No announcement yet.

Network Connectivity between Guest (VM) & Host (Domain Controller) Issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Connectivity between Guest (VM) & Host (Domain Controller) Issue

I am having trouble getting my VM to login to the domain that is controlled by it's host operating system. In other words I have VMWare Server installed on a Windows 2003 SP2 Domain Controller (not an operations master / gc) and I am trying to get a VM on that Domain controller added and logged into the domain.

The VM is also Windows 2003 SP2 (not a DC).

I am able to add the VM to the Domain, but upon reboot I experience NETLOGON and BROWSER errors.

Netlogon 5719: This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain ... due to the following:
    The remote procedure call was cancelled.
    This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

Netlogon 5783: The session setup to the Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller \\... for the domain DATACENTER is not responsive. The current RPC call from Netlogon on \\...VM... to \\ has been cancelled.

Brower 8021:The browser service was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master

Browser 8032: The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_

Also, I can ping the VM from the host and ping the Host from the VM. I can do dns lookups same, but I cannot RDP from either to either. However, I can rdp from any other computer on the network to the VM or the Host. It seems that there is some sort of connectivity issue between the Host and the VM, but I am using the Bridged Networking environment.

I am really stumped, any help is much appreciated!

Re: Network Connectivity between Guest (VM) & Host (Domain Controller) Issue

I'm not sure. I've not had these problems. Then again, I have never installed VMware on a domain controller.

Search or
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Re: Network Connectivity between Guest (VM) & Host (Domain Controller) Issue

did you find a resolution to your issue? I have also run into the same problem, and would like to find out if this is a limitation of vmware or some type of issue with the network configuration.