No announcement yet.

Networking Problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Networking Problem

This is my first VMware implementation and I’m facing a problem with networking.
    I’m using Windows Vista Ultimate – VMware WS 6 ACE – guest is also Vista Ultimate – bridged networking

I have static IPs for both and I pasted the ipconfig for both the host and the guest.
    The problem is that internet works fine on my host but as soon as I power on the guest, the internet disappears and I can’t use it on either the host or the guest. Initially, it was working on the gust and I was able to download the windows updates but never able to use the Brower and pinging sites is always timed out. After that internet stops on the host and even when I power off the guest – restart the PC – restart the router, the internet still won’t work on my host for a full day. I tried this 3 times and I have confirmed that this is what’s happening every time I power on the guest, internet won’t work for almost a full day in the host.

Ping from host to guest and vice versa is ok – I tired disabling the 2 VMware virtual network cards but same problem – Ethernet is set to bridged.

Any help is highly appreciated.
    Last edited by shipaxo; 14th December 2007, 09:13. Reason: Don't want to show my IP/device info

Re: Networking Problem

Thread reported for deletion. Please use original thread:

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Networking Problem

I did two things and i think one of them solved the problem. I disabled the IP6 on vista on my host and also closed Azureus which i had port forwarding for when i powered on the VM.