Windows 2008 / VMWare practices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2008 / VMWare practices

I loaded the Windows 2008 Beta and in VMWare there wasn't an option so I picked Other. Now I can't get the Network Adapter to work. I suspect that I need the VMWare network adapter driver to get this working .

Is anybody using Windows 2008 in VMWare?

Re: Windows 2008 / VMWare practices

Not too sure if this is much help but I've installed Windows 2008 PRE RC0 release into Virtual Server 2005 R2 and it works fine!

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by pagranny View Post
      I loaded the Windows 2008 Beta and in VMWare there wasn't an option so I picked Other. Now I can't get the Network Adapter to work. I suspect that I need the VMWare network adapter driver to get this working .

Is anybody using Windows 2008 in VMWare?
      I'm having the same problem.. it's the latest 2008 release candidate, and it doesn't want to install the NIC... I also am unable to install the VMWare tools, as it just generates and General Exception error.

This is with VMWare Infrastructure v 3.2

Comment

I'm using Windows Server 2008 RC0 in VMware Server 1.0.4 with Fedora 7 as the host OS. I chose Windows Vista as the guest OS type and I have no problems with the network.

Comment

Excellent - that worked for me (using the Vista pre-configured option).. thanks for that.

Comment

VMWare Server 2.0 Beta was released today (not too sue if this was by invite only) and this release includes operating system support for Windows Server 2008 (current beta release).
            MCSA 2000/2003

Comment

Working...
            X