Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtualizing 2 DC's Domain

Hello guys.

I'm trying to build a lab of windows 2003 server under VMWARE 6, I could install the operating system and everything is fine.

I've created a forest and a new domain done with 2 virtual machine.

The problem is that in the first DC I want to use DHCP of windows instead of VMWARE dhcp, if I deactivated the vmware dhcp server I could get the two domain communicate it but the windows dhcp is not the one that assign the IP's. is vmware itself.

I hope you understood.

Regards
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Re: Virtualizing 2 DC's Domain

Hi there,
    Normally, Vmware DHCP is on in a host-only virtual network. That network would be private with no other DHCP server on that network.

On the other hand, if you put these DC's on your bridged network, they would be able to talk to the same DHCP server already on your LAN.

So what vmnet are these DC server on? And where is the Windows DHCP server?

Here is what you could do- create a VM Team with 3 servers - 1 Windows DHCP server & 2 DC's. The Windows DHCP server would be set to boot first so that it could provide IPs to the DC servers when they boot.

I hope that helps.

David Davis
    Link to my NEW VMWARE SERVER TRAINING VIDEO
    David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
    Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
    TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
    Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

Re: Virtualizing 2 DC's Domain

Thank you Man.

I forgot the team function, anyway I just wanna 2 server, the primary should function as a DHCP too (just for concept and that I'm emulating a real domain), so I will play with these values.

Regards
      When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
      X