Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMware script for changing NIC TCP/IP parameter

Hi All,

It would be great to have a little script that removes the checkbox from the TCP/IP under my local area connection properties and check it in the VMware network adapter VMnet1 and vise versa.

if you have something like that Thanks!!!

Re: VMware script for changing NIC TCP/IP parameter

do you mean a script that would remove the checkboxes on both a virtual and the ESX console? im a little confused, but i think you can do it. it would be easiest to enable SSH on the virtual server and facilitate the scipt via SSH on both devices...

possibly use a perl script as it will work on both OSes (i think.. can anyone veryify that perl works on ESX?)

is that what youre asking??
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Re: VMware script for changing NIC TCP/IP parameter

Originally posted by James Haynes View Post
      do you mean a script that would remove the checkboxes on both a virtual and the ESX console? im a little confused, but i think you can do it. it would be easiest to enable SSH on the virtual server and facilitate the scipt via SSH on both devices...

possibly use a perl script as it will work on both OSes (i think.. can anyone veryify that perl works on ESX?)

is that what youre asking??
      No. He's using a hosted version of VMware (workstation, server, or GSX) on a Windows platform and he wants to disable the TCP/IP protocol binding for the bridged or virtual adapters.

This is a one time configuration setting that usually happens when you build a host so why you need to automate this leaves me guessing, unless you have 100+ hosts to build and you're trying to save 3 mouse clicks.

At any rate, you will need VB Script or WMI to do this, or possibly reg hack. If your physical network adapters are of different make/models, good luck automating this since network settings in the registry are indexed by NIC make/model.
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
      X