Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Server R2 on WinXP SP2 via TS

Morning All,

I use Virtual Server R2 on a windows XP sp2 (Fully updated). when i logon locally and fire up the Virtual Server admin page everything works fine.

When I'm at work I SSH into my router and Wake up my PC and then RDP onto it. When RDP'ing into my XP machine and firing up the Virtual Server admin page I get the page cannot be displayed error.

Anyone ever use Virtual Server this way?

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Virtual Server R2 on WinXP SP2 via TS

Anyone able to try this for me??

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Michael,

I have a WinXPSP2 machine running MSVSR2. I can access the local admin page from my web browser. I am able to RDP into the machine, across the LAN, and using MSTSC, also access the admin page, without any trouble.

However, I found someone else with this issue. Check it out:
      (the following is quoted from this website: http://blogs.msdn.com/virtual_pc_guy...24/578035.aspx)
      "
      If you connect to your server using Remote Desktop and then find that when you launch the Virtual Server Web Administration page you get a "The page cannot be displayed." error. This can be easily solved by starting your Remote Desktop Connection as a console session by using the following command: mstsc /v:YourServerAaddress /console.

Alternatively, you can add the Administration page to your trusted sites and change your Internet Explorer options by taking the following steps:

1. Open Internet Explorer and on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
      2. Click the Security tab, click Trusted sites and then click Custom Level.
      3. Scroll to the bottom of the list and select Prompt for user name and password under User Authentication.
      "

Here is another option:
      http://mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=1273

I hope this helps!

-David Davis
      David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
      Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
      TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
      Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

Worked a treat. Cheers for the info

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X