No keyboard or mouse control in Virtual PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No keyboard or mouse control in Virtual PC

I'm attempting to setup Windows Virtual PC on a Windows 7 Professional install (I can't remember at the moment if it's 32 or 64 bit) with a .vhd created from an Acronis hard drive image.

I can get the .vhd to boot and the Windows logon screen comes up but I'm unable to type in the password or move the mouse in the VPC window.

I am able to create an XP Mode .vhd that will boot and allow me to type on the keyboard and use the mouse.

So at the moment I'm not sure if I missed something in creating the .vhd from the Acronis hard drive image (I did follow the instructions from Acronis to do this) or if there is something else that is missing/incorrect.

Regards,
    Thomas

Re: No keyboard or mouse control in Virtual PC

What Windows is running on the VM?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

The VM is running Windows XP PRofessional with, I believe SP3, if not it's at least SP2.

Regards,
      Thomas

Comment

Can you connect to it over the network via RDP perhaps?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

If I understand this correctly, you have converted a Physical machine to a Virtual one (P2V) using Acronis. Is this correct? Does the VHD boot or does it just recycle through the process?

What were the Acronis instructions and what tool did you use?
          Have you tried to recreate the VHD using a different tool?
          Is this just a practice or do you have a specific reason for wanting this particular VHD running?
          Have you installed ALL the Windows 7 updates (especially the ones relating to VPC) and Service Pack 1?

Maybe this will help for RDP access. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X